I have recently started playing around with obsidian for my personal knowledge-base and love it. Not only does it
- support markdown for note taking
- it also allows to build PDFs using pandoc
- let’s you create charts using mermaid
- is highly customizable with plugins and CSS Among other things.
One nice feature is that you can use git as a means to backup your data into your remote origin. The plugin also supports submodules, so I thought, let’s see if I can bring my jekyll pages in and manage my articles via Obsidian.
To do so, you need to
- install Obsidian-git
- enable submodules in obsidian-git
- have your vault in a git repo
git submodule add github:username/jekyll-page External/jekyll-page
- modify your articles
- commit your changes and push